Vulcan Consulting is seeking an ambitious Senior Account Manager with public affairs experience to join our growing team in Dublin. He/she will work across client accounts in green energy, transport and technology sectors, amongst others.
The Senior Account Manager will become a key member of our team by developing strong relationships with clients and colleagues across the business (Dublin and Brussels). The successful candidate will ideally have previous agency or direct political/policy experience which involved managing client relationships and/ or delivering successful public affairs campaigns. They will also be responsible for managing internal teams.
In addition to day-to-day client work, the successful candidate will assist Vulcan in identifying and driving new business opportunities for our growing practice.
- Formulating and implementing successful, innovative public affairs campaigns
- Writing high quality analytical briefs/ reports for clients;
- Developing a detailed knowledge of relevant policy and legislative/regulatory issues;
- Monitoring & analysing political and parliamentary developments;
- Managing client events and activities;
- Crafting effective messaging
- Providing strategic advice to clients and enhancing their engagement with key stakeholders including policy makers, the media and partners.
- Leveraging digital and social media channels
- Supporting new business activity including working on pitches and identifying new opportunities.
- Working closely with colleagues to monitor the policy landscape and identify risks and opportunities for clients
- 4-5 years’ experience in a similar agency role or directly in the political and regulatory process (policy advisor/ parliamentary assistant)
- A University degree (Master’s level) in relevant subjects (e.g. Communications, Marketing, Public Policy, Law etc.);
- Knowledge and experience of green energy, transport or technology sectors in Ireland. EU knowledge an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of the broad Irish & European policy and political landscape is necessary; and
- Experience of managing public affairs campaigns and interacting with clients
Personal qualities – The candidate must:
- Be highly organized and attentive to detail;
- Have a positive, can-do disposition;
- Be able to take initiative and demonstrate ambition;
- Be a team player and quick learner;
- Native or fluent in English ; other languages an advantage
- Be at ease when working in a multi-national team and dealing with multi-national clients.
- Exceptional writing skills and a flair for creative and innovative content
- A sense of humour is an advantage!
Generous remuneration and terms & conditions for suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidate, with potential performance related bonus and business development bonus.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Friday, January 7th 2022.