Vulcan Consulting is seeking an Account Manager to join our growing Dublin office. The successful candidate should have prior experience of working within strategic communications – ideally within the public affairs space. Previous experience could include, but not be limited to, employment within consultancy, in-house, trade body, public institution or advising clients on policy and communications issues.
The successful candidate will lead on and assist with high-profile client accounts within the biopharmaceutical, financial services, manufacturing, renewable energy, technology and transport sectors.
In addition to day-to-day client work, the successful candidate will assist Vulcan in identifying and driving new business opportunities for our growing practice.
Please note this position is to commence on or around 1st February 2023.
- Formulating and implementing successful, innovative public affairs campaigns – with a particular emphasis on strategic communications;
- Providing strategic advice to clients and enhancing their engagement with key stakeholders including policy makers, the media and partners;
- Drafting and managing high-level communications strategies for clients;
- Leveraging media contacts to secure positive results for clients;
- Writing high quality analytical briefs/ reports for clients;
- Developing a detailed knowledge of relevant policy and legislative/regulatory issues;
- Monitoring & analysing political and parliamentary developments;
- Managing client events and activities;
- Crafting effective messaging;
- Leveraging digital and social media channels;
- Supporting new business activity including working on pitches and identifying new opportunities; and
- Working closely with colleagues to monitor the policy landscape and identify risks and opportunities for clients.
- 3–5 years’ experience in a similar agency role or directly in the political and regulatory process;
- A University degree (Master’s level) in relevant subjects (e.g. Communications, Marketing, Public Policy, Law etc.);
- Knowledge and experience of the broad Irish & European policy and political landscape is necessary;
- Experience of managing public affairs and strategic communications campaigns;
- Experience of leading/participating on client-facing accounts in any previous role(s).
Personal qualities – The candidate must:
- Be highly organized and attentive to detail;
- Have a positive, can-do disposition;
- Be able to take initiative and demonstrate ambition;
- Be a team player and quick learner;
- Native or fluent in English; other languages an advantage;
- Be at ease when working in a multi-national team and dealing with multi-national clients; and
- Have exceptional writing skills and a flair for creative and innovative content.
This position will be generously remunerated – with the potential of a performance-related bonus and business development bonus upon exemplary performance and results.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 7th December 2022. Interviews of short-listed candidates will take place w/c Monday, 12th December 2022.